A. Place: Immaculate Heart of Mary Parish
80 Atung St. Taoyuan City, Taiwan R.O.C.
B. Day: Sundays
C. Time: 9:00 - 10:30 A.M /11:45 - 1:30 P.M.
A. Full Pledge: 8 members
B. Probationaries: 11 members
C. Auxilliaries: 28 members
Spiritual Director: Fr. Joseph Vanphuc Truong
President: Sr. Angelina Dondoyano
Vice-President: Sr. Evangeline Sangue
Secretary: Sr. Josephine Optera
Treasurer: Sr. Angelina Atole
A. Persons to Person contact:
1. Encouraging friends to hear Sunday masses.
2. Inviting parishioners to pray the rosary before the mass.
3. Giving advices to co-workers regarding marital problems.
4. Giving advices to friends who have suicidal tendency
5. Giving medical care and visiting to friends who are admitted in the hospital.
6. Sending of misallete to friends who cannot hear mass on sundays because of working overtime.
7. Sending letters of advices to friends in the Philippines who undergo family troubles.
8. Inviting friends/ co-workers to attend the value formation seminar.
9. Inviting friends/ co-workers to light the candle for their late relatives during All Souls Day.
10. Giving a piece of advice to friends who are under the influence of liquor.
11. Teaching friends how to recite the Holy Rosary.
12. Consoling by offering condolences, masses, and prayers to the beloved departed ones.
13. Helping and guiding friends both Filipinos and Taiwanese who want to be baptized and received first communion.
14. Assisting, encouraging and guiding friends for confessions.
15. Encouraging friends to join the choir and to assist in offering and collections during Sunday masses.
16. Recruiting friends to join the Eucharistic Lay Ministers and for the Legion of Mary.
17. Referring some problems of the migrant workers to the Secretary of Labor Affairs in Taiwan who mistreated by their employers.
18. Helping Filipino / Chinese workers who are physically abused by their husbands.
B. Parochial Aid
1. Assigned to Eucharistic Ministry.
2. Assigned to collectors and usherettes.
3. Assigned to assist the offertory during the mass.
4. Assigned to assist the readers during the mass.
5. Assigned to lead the rosary before the mass.
C. Factory Rosary Crusade:
1. Assigned to Chungwa Picture Tubes.
2. Assigned to GNI Charity Hospital.
3. Assigned to HCG Factory.
(The image of the Blessed Virgin Mary stayed for one week in every room. They pray the rosary everynight in a rotation system).
D. Hospital Visitation
1. Visited the GNI Charity Hospital - Taoyuan.
2. Visited St. Paul Hospital - Taoyuan.
(There are 184 persons served).
E. Works of Service:
1. Accompanied a priest for the blessing of ACER Peripherials Filipino
2. Led the prayer meeting / bible sharing at HCG factory.
F. Legion Functions:
1. May flower devotion to the Blessed Mother.
2. Father's Day Celebration - June 15 - all fathers prayed over by the priest and give them a cursage.
3. ACIES - August 24,1997 Taoyuan Church, assisted by Bro. Dodong, 10 participants attended.
4. September function - September 7,1997 - Nankan Church.
5. Value Formation Seminar - September 28, 1997.
6. Second Year Anniversary - November 9, 1997.
7. Advent Recollection - December 14,1997, officiated by Fr. Carlos - Mexican Priest.
8. Giving of Christmas Cards to all parishioners who attended the mass last December 21,1997.
9. Christmas Eve Mass Celebration - December 24,1997.
10. Christmas Day Mass Celebration - December 25,1997.
11. General Reunion - December 28,1997 - (Hsinchu Cathedral).
The great function of the Legion is to develop the sense of lay vocation. It is a big challenge for us legionaries to bring Christ into the world and that is a specific mission given to us by God in expressing the Gospel into the lives of our brothers and sisters who have not known Him yet and thereby to share the Gospel thru the help and guidance of the Holy Spirit and Mother Mary and by setting a good example to them as a leaven into the reality of the world in which we llive and work, because we, the lay persons, are the choosen one and have been the measures of the Catholic Spirit.
SR. JOSEPHINE OPTERA
SR. ANGELINA DONDOYANO
Praes. Refuge of Sinners
FR. JOSEPH VANPHUC TRUONG