|Papal Blessing Instructions|
Holy Father gives his blessing for important events in the lives of the
- baptism, first communions and confirmations
- marriages between Catholics
- priestly ordination / first solemn Eucharistic celebration
- religious profession
- secular consecration
- ordination of permanent deacon
- anniversaries (10th, 25th, 40th, 50th and 60th) of marriage, priestly ordination, religious professions or consecration
- 18th, 50th, 60th, 70th, 80th, 90th and 100th years birthday
- installation of new churches and jubilee celebrations (25th, 50th, 100th¡K) of parishes and sanctuaries.
of securing a Papal Blessing
2. The following
information must be clearly indicated:
3. The concession
is subject to the following conditions:
4. An offering of US$60 or NT$2,000 is customary
5. The request
should be written in English or in a Western language and sent to the
Office of Papal Charities (also known by the Italian title: Elemosineria
Apostolica), 00120 Vatican City State.
1. Papal Audiences are granted every Wednesday in Vatican City at around 10:30 AM. Liturgies celebrated by the Holy Father include Masses for Canonizations, Christmas and New Year's Day Masses, Palm Sunday, Holy Week and Easter Sunday.
2. A Papal Audience generally consists of a message from the Holy Father after which he greets the various groups in their own languages. If a choir wishes to do a one-half minute number, it should give advance notice with the request. Depending on the number of pilgrims expected General Audiences are held either in the Paul VI Audience Hall or in Saint Peter's Square. The Holy Father's Blessing always includes any religious articles you bring for that purpose.
3. Requests for participation in Papal Audiences and Papal Masses are to be sent to the Vatican well in advance. Requests can be written personally in English or in a Western language and addressed to the Prefecture of Pontifical Household. The current head is Archbishop Georg Ganswein.
4. Information on how to reserve tickets:
See Prefecture of Pontifical Household: Schedule of Audiences, Celebrations, Pastoral Visits
Write to: Prefecture of the Papal Household, 00120 Vatican City State
Fax:+39 06 6988 5863
- Date of the General audience
- Number of tickets required
- Name / Group
- Mailing Address
- Telephone and Fax numbers
Request form:Download form
5. Tickets are entirely
free and can be picked up at the ticket office located just inside the
Bronze Door (by the right colonnade of St. Peter's Square) at the following